For all media inquires, please contact:
Brandon Puttbrese email@example.com • GS&F • 615.385.1100
A. O. Smith Rewards Hardworking Students with PCA Scholarships
Ashland City, TN (Monday, 16 July 2012)
Leading water heater manufacturer A. O. Smith (http://www.hotwater.com) has announced the Professional Contractor Association (PCA) Scholarship recipients for the 2012–13 academic school year.
“At A. O. Smith we value education and all the opportunities that it provides,” said David Chisolm, director of marketing at A. O. Smith. “We are honored to support these students’ quest for a higher education through the PCA scholarship and wish them all the best in their future endeavors.”
This year’s 10 outstanding scholarship recipients include:
• Shawn Bolton of Edgewater, N.J., a student at Burlington County Institute of Technology, West Hampton, N.J.;
• Meredith Brinkman of Fowler, Ill., an accounting major at University of Illinois, Urbana, Ill.;
• Chelsey Browell of Ephrata, Pa., a speech pathology major at Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania, Bloomsburg, Pa.;
• Brittany Histing of Sicklerville, N.J., a nursing major at University of Connecticut, Storrs, Conn.;
• Lisa Houghton-Luongo of Boynton Beach, Fla., an English major at Florida Atlantic University, Davie, Fla.;
• Emily Hugo of Memphis, Tenn., a forensic chemistry major at University of Mississippi, Lafayette, Miss.;
• Allison Licwov of Beverly, W. Va., a chemistry and pharmacy major at West Virginia Wesleyan College, Buckhannon, W. Va.;
• Travis Mack of Devils Lake, N.D., a public relations and advertising major at North Dakota State University, Fargo, N.D.;
• Jatelyn Meyer of Britton, S.D., a business administration major at Northern State University, Aberdeen, S.D.;
• Samantha Weaver of Lititz, Pa., a biology major at Goshen College, Goshen, Ind.
This is the 12th year the company has sponsored the scholarship program. Since the program began in 2001, A. O. Smith has assisted 130 students.
The scholarship program is open to high school seniors, high school graduates and GED recipients or students currently enrolled in a full-time accredited two- or four-year college, university or vocational school. Any spouse, child or grandchild of a PCA member with a desire for continuing his or her education may compete for a scholarship award.
In June 1999, A. O. Smith founded the Professional Contractor Association in order to help contractors succeed in an increasingly competitive marketplace. In addition to the scholarship program, the PCA offers its members valuable business training and services to enhance their professional image and expand their business into new commercial water heater markets. For more information, visit www.aospca.com.
About A. O. Smith Water Products Company:
Headquartered in Ashland City, Tenn., A. O. Smith Water Products Company is a leading manufacturer and marketer of residential and commercial water heaters and boilers. A. O. Smith offers contractors an additional competitive advantage in that the company designs, builds, distributes and field supports the world’s broadest and deepest line of residential and commercial water heaters, as well as commercial boilers. This single-source concept simplifies ordering, installation and service and is backed by more than 70 years of research and innovation. For more information, visit www.hotwater.com.
A. O. Smith Rewards Hardworking Students with PCA Scholarships (PDF)
View All Press Releases