Energy Guides are available for A. O. Smith water heaters at the Air-Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI).
Electric Water Heaters: Cost of Operation
A residential water heater contributes to as much as 30 percent of a household's energy cost - second only to the expense of a home's heating and cooling system. Selecting the right water heater -
one that is efficient and the right capacity - can dramatically impact your monthly energy bill.
All residential water heaters carry standard Energy Guide labels. Use this government-regulated information to compare the performance and operating costs of different models.
1. MODEL - The model number of the unit.
2. RATED STORAGE VOLUME - The measured storage volume defined by the Department of Energy.
3. ESTIMATED YEARLY ENERGY COST - The estimated cost of energy required to operate the unit for one year, based on assumptions for daily hot water usage and average energy prices as defined by the US Government.
4. FIRST HOUR RATING - The volume of hot water this water heater is capable of delivering in the first hour.
5. OTHER RELEVANT FACTORS - The estimated cost of energy required to operate the unit for one year, based on assumptions for daily hot water usage and average energy prices as defined by the US Government.
Why A. O. Smith?
A. O. Smith is a leading manufacturer of both residential and commercial water heating technologies, including the #1 most specified commercial water heater.
For more than 145 years, we’ve developed state-of-the art products that push new boundaries and improve the lives of our customers.
We combine cutting-edge technology with committed people who take pride in providing the very best support for our customers.
Our products are put through rigorous quality and endurance testing so now matter where hot water is needed, A. O. Smith can provide a solution you can count on.