- Easy Installation - Simply plugs into a standard 120 volt wall outlet. Top water connections make it easy to replace an existing gas water heater. The Voltex® 120V also has smaller room size requirements and integrated duct adapters for installation in confined spaces.
- Whisper-Quiet Operation - Operation at 45 dBA. No accessory vibration isolation kit required.
- Leak Protection Technology - The smart sensor alerts the user in the event of a leak. The included water shutoff valve automatically closes when a leak is detected to block the cold water supply to reduce property damage.
- Easy To Control - Digital control makes it simple to set to preferred water temperature. Plus the The Voltex® 120V has integrated iCOMM™ connectivity to connect through Wi-Fi or Bluetooth and control through the free A. O. Smith app.
- Automatic shut-off valve closes valve on incoming cold water inlet when leak is detected to reduce property damage
- Equipped with a CTA-2045-A (AC) utility communication port to allow for participation in utility demand response programs for added energy savings
- Utilizes R-513A refrigerant which has 56% lower global warming potential than the standard R-134a refrigerant used in other heat pump water heaters
- Dual 900 Watt elements, 120 VAC 60Hz single phase 15 amp shared circuit
- Patented Blue Diamond® glass tank lining protects against corrosion
- 10-year limited tank and parts warranty
The Voltex® 120V Plug-In Hybrid Electric heat pump water heater from A. O. Smith makes it easier than ever for consumers to electrify to an energy-efficient option to save money on their utility bills. These models plug into a standard wall outlet for easy installation. Top water connections make it easy to replace an existing gas water heater. The Voltex® 120V has smaller room size requirements than other heat pump water heaters and integrated duct adapters for installation in confined spaces.
This water heater includes leak protection features for added peace of mind. The smart sensor can alert the user in the event of a leak and the included automatic water shutoff valve will stop additional water from flowing into the water heater. Plus with integrated iCOMM™ smart connectivity the user can get immediate notifications through the free A. O. Smith app.
The heat pump provides high efficiency water heating which can save homeowners up to $118 on utility bills* compared to a gas water heater. As an ENERGY STAR® certified water heater, it also qualifies for many federal, state and local utility rebates for even more savings.