For all media inquires, please contact:
Brandon Puttbrese firstname.lastname@example.org • GS&F • 615.385.1100
A. O. Smith Makes Significant Investment In The Future(2)
Ashland City, TN (Thursday, 02 August 2007)
A. O. Smith Water Products Company today announced the recipients of the 2007 A. O. Smith Professional Contractor Association (PCA) Scholarship Program. The 10 finalists were selected from more than 150 applicants nationwide, and each recipient received $2,000 to apply toward higher education pursuits.
“A. O. Smith considers it an honor to provide assistance to these worthy recipients in their academic endeavors,” said Mike Parker, vice president of marketing at A. O. Smith Water Products Company. “At any level it is great to have hard work recognized, and we are proud to encourage these students to continue striving toward achieving their dreams.”
The 10 scholarship recipients are:
• Matthew C. Agan of Rome, Ga.,, a biology and Spanish major at the University of Georgia
• Marla R. Cordray of Falmouth, Ky.,., a mathematics and education major at Northern Kentucky University
• Kelly A. Jansen of Neoga, Ill., a marketing major at Illinois State University
• Trisha G. Lounsberry of Gobles, Mich., a systems and finance major at Grand Valley State University
• Megan L. McKee of Bowling Green, Ky., enrolled at Western Kentucky University with interests in the medical field
• Jenna M. Ronnebaum of Axtell, Kan., a nursing student at the Washburn University of Topeka
• Erica J. Russell of Jerseyville, Ill., enrolled at the St. Louis College of Pharmacy
• Julie M. Stefanski of Baltimore, Md., a biology major at the College of Notre Dame of Maryland
• Amanda M. Wilczynski of Gibsonia, Pa., an English literature major at Carnegie Mellon University
• Bailey Wilson of Caldwell, Idaho, a justice studies major at the University of Idaho
The scholarship program is open to high school seniors, high school graduates, and GED recipients or students currently enrolled in a full-time undergraduate course of study at an accredited two- or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school. Any spouse, child or grandchild of a PCA member with a desire for continuing their education may compete for a scholarship award.
In June 1999, A. O. Smith founded the Professional Contractor Association in order to help contractors succeed in an increasingly competitive marketplace. In addition to the scholarship program, the PCA offers its members valuable business training and services to enhance their professional image and expand their business into new commercial water heater markets. For more information, visit www.aospca.com.
About A. O. Smith:
Headquartered in Ashland City, Tenn., A. O. Smith Water Products Company is a leading manufacturer and marketer of residential and commercial water heaters and hydronic boilers. A. O. Smith offers contractors an additional competitive advantage in that the company designs, builds, distributes and field supports the world’s broadest and deepest line of residential and commercial water heaters, as well as commercial boilers. This single-source concept simplifies ordering, installation and service and is backed by more than 70 years of research and innovation. For more information, visit www.hotwater.com.
A. O. Smith Makes Significant Investment In The Future(2) (PDF)
View All Press Releases