For all media inquires, please contact:
Brandon Puttbrese firstname.lastname@example.org • GS&F • 615.385.1100
A. O. Smith Awards Scholarships to Professional Contractor Association's Family Members
Ashland City, Tennessee (Monday, 24 July 2006)
A. O. Smith is pleased to announce the 10 recipients of the 2006 A. O. Smith Professional Contractor Association (PCA) Scholarship Program. Ten $2,000 scholarships will be applied to higher education.
“We’re proud to be able to offer the PCA scholarship program to help students achieve the goals they have set for themselves,” said Mike Parker, vice president of marketing at A. O. Smith. “We encourage continued education, and we want to help our PCA members and their families achieve that.”
The ten scholarship recipients are:
- Matthew Agan, son of Tim Agan, representing Agan Drain & Service Company in Rome, GA.
- Chelsey Bloomquist, daughter of Ruth Bloomquist, representing Peters’ Hardware in Wausa, Neb.
- Marla Cordray, daughter of Barry Cordray, representing Perry Kelly Plumbing in Cincinnati, OH.
- Chelsea Drozdowicz, daughter of Daniel Drozdowicz, representing E&D Water Works Inc. in Janesville, WS.
- Elizabeth Esser, daughter of Randy Esser, representing Ray Esser & Sons Inc. in Elyria, OH.
- Victoria Fryer, granddaughter of Michael Leanhart, representing Leanhart Plumbing Inc. in Louisville, KY.
- Trisha Lounsberry, daughter of Brian Lounsberry, representing Vankal Heating & Cooling, Inc. in Gobles, MI.
- Sarah Rinehart, granddaughter of Donald Clapp, representing Don’s Electric in DeWitt, IA.
- Julie Stefanski, daughter of Raymond Stefanski, representing Ray Stefanski Plumbing & Drain Cleaning in Baltimore, MD.
- Steven Surachman, son of Ellen Schmidt, representing RJB Plumbing in Toms River, NJ.
The scholarship program is open to high school seniors, high school graduates, and GED recipients or students currently enrolled in a full-time undergraduate course of study at an accredited two- or four-year college, university or vocational-technical school. PCA members and member employees, their spouses, children and grandchildren are eligible to participate.
A. O. Smith founded the Professional Contractor Association in June 1999 to help contractors succeed in an increasingly competitive marketplace. In addition to the scholarship program, the PCA offers members valuable business training and services to enhance their professional image and expand their business into new commercial water heater markets.
Scholarship Management Services, a program of Scholarship America, is the nation’s leading scholarship program administrator. They have nearly 30 years of experience in the design and management of scholarship and tuition reimbursement programs for companies, associations, foundations, and individuals across America. They provide personalized service to program sponsors representing all manufacturing, product, and service sectors.
A. O. Smith Corporation is a diversified manufacturer, serving customers worldwide. The company is one of the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of residential and commercial water heating equipment in the industry. It is also one of North America’s largest manufacturers of electric motors, with an extensive line of hermetic, fractional horsepower, and integral horsepower motors for residential, commercial, and industrial applications. A. O. Smith employs approximately 19,500 people at facilities in the United States, Mexico, China, Canada, Europe and reported 2005 sales of $1.69 billion.
For more information, visit www.aospca.com.
A. O. Smith Awards Scholarships to Professional Contractor Association's Family Members (PDF)
View All Press Releases